Last Updated on 2 months by Author
Rena Owen Biography
Rena Owen is an actress born on the 22nd of July 1962. She has majorly based in television, film, and theatre acting. Owen is of Maori, Welsh, and other European Descent. She was best known as Hellen in Siren. Apart from her career in acting, she is a professional in medicine and a trained nurse at Auckland Hospital for three and a half years.
Rena Owen Age
She is 60 years old as of 2022. Owen is an actress born on the 22nd of July 1962. She celebrates her birthday on the 22nd of July every year.
Rena Owen Education
Owen trained in London at the Actors Institute. She also pursued a career in nursing and trained at Auckland’s Hospital for three years before leaving for London in the mid-1980s for her overseas employment, where she was arrested for a drug-related offense.
Rena Owen Height/Weight
She stands on an average height of 5 Feet 4 inches and weighs around 55kgs.
Rena Owen Family
She is from a family of 9 kids unmentioned her being among them, but they sadly lost their parents at an early age. Due to her determination in her two major careers, she has become the most successful in their family. Their mother died in the year 2008 following their father’s death. However, she has not revealed information regarding her family members, this information is currently under review and will be updated soon.
Rena Owen Husband/Married
Owen met her fiance in the year 2000 when she moved to LA to expand her wings. He was an American security consultant and fortunately, they clicked together very fast. The couple got married through a white wedding after dating for a short while till 2002. Unfortunately, two years after the marriage the two separated due to their professional differences the major reason for the divorce.
Owen was not ready to start a new relationship when her marriage ended, and it took her nearly three years to recover from that failed relationship not a while ago she got another tragedy when her mother died. Looking at her present life, it is clear that Rena has made plenty of right choices in her life, be it choosing acting over nursing or relocating her base from New Zealand to LA, and everyone hopes she gets it right finding her soulmate shortly.
Rena Owen children
She has not revealed whether he has children as she| likes to keep her personal life private. However, this information is under review and will be updated as soon as it is available.
Rena Owen Career
After her training in London at the Actors Institute, she worked extensively in British theatre. She is among the most successful and recognized actors in the world following her performance in ‘Once were warriors’ and ‘Siren’. She had her first acting role on the TV series Betty’s Bunch in 1990. It was during her jail stay that she realized she wanted to be an actress.
Rena Owen Awards
During her acting career, she has been awarded severally years passing by
- Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Award Nomination (2012): Best Guest or Supporting
- Actress in a Television Drama- East West 101
- New Zealand Film and TV Awards Winner (2011): Best Supporting Actress- Shortland Street
- Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards Nomination (1999): Best Supporting Actress- Dance Me to My Song
- Australian Film Institute Awards Nomination (1998): Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role-
- Dance Me to My Song
- NZ Film & TV Awards Nomination (1997): Best Supporting Actress- Cover Story
- Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress (1994): Once Were Warriors
- Montreal World Film Festival Winner (1994): Best Actress- Once Were Warriors
- San Diego International Film Festival (1994): Best Actress- Once Were Warriors
- New Zealand Maori Queen, Dame Te Atairangikaahu Literary Award, 1992
Rena Owen Films and television shows
- 2017 Asomatous
- 2016 Lost Girls
- 2015 The Last Witch Hunter
- 2014 The Last Survivors
- 2014 The Dead Lands
- 2011 Alyce Kills
- 2011 Absolute Killers
- 2009 Veronika Decides to Die
- 2009 Prison Break: The Final Break
- 2009 Spout
- 2008 Ocean of Pearls
- 2008 A Beautiful Life
- 2008 Amusement
- 2008 Red Cloud
- 2006 Leela
- 2006 The Horrible Flowers
- 2006 The Iron Man
- 2005 Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
- 2005 The Crow: Wicked Prayer
- 2005 Mee-Shee: The Water Giant
- 2005 Freezerburn
- 2004 The Land Has Eyes
- 2003 Red Zone
- 2003 Nemesis Game
- 2002 Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
- 2002 sIDney
- 2001 A.I. Artificial Intelligence
- 2001 Soul Assassin
- 2000 Her Iliad
- 1999 I’ll Make You Happy
- 1999 What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?
- 1999 9 Across
- 1998 Dance Me to My Song
- 1998 When Love Comes Along
- 1995 The Call Up
- 1995 Savage Play
- 1994 Hinekaro Goes on a Picnic and Blows Up Another Obelisk
- 1994 Rapa Nui
- 1994 Once Were Warriors
- TBA The Exquisite Continent
- 2018–present Siren
- 2017–2019 The Orville
- 2016 Joy
- 2015 The Red Road
- 2014–15 Longmire
- 2012 The Straits
- 2011 Shortland Street
- 2009–2011 East West 101
- 2009 Piece of My Heart
- 2009 Prison Break
- 2009 Fear Clinic
- 2005 Star Wars: Republic Commando
- 2002 Angel
- 2001 Gideon’s Crossing
- 2000 All-American Girl: The Mary Kay Letourneau Story
- 2000 Dark Knight
- 1996–1998 Medivac
- 1996 Cover Story
- 1996 G.P.
- 1995 High Tide
- 1990–91 Shark in the Park
- 1990 Betty’s Bunch
Rena Owen Salary/Net worth
She has an estimated salary ranging between $70,000 – $125,000 and has an estimated net worth of $1 Million -$5 Million which she earns from her acting career.