Olivia de Havilland Biography
Olivia de Havilland, in full Dame Olivia Mary de Havilland is an American motion-picture actress remembered for the lovely and gentle ingenues of her early career as well as for the later, more substantial roles she fought to secure.
Olivia de Havilland Age/ Death
de Havilland was born on July 1, 1916. She is 104 years as of 2020. She died on July 26, 2020 (aged 104) Paris, France
Olivia de Havilland Education
She has not disclosed information on where she attended High School or College/ University. This information will however be updated as soon as it is available.
Olivia de Havilland Family
Her parents were Walter de Havilland (father) and Lilian Fontaine (mother).
Olivia de Havilland Marriages
Olivia de Havilland married Marcus Goodrich, a Navy veteran, journalist, and author of the 1941 novel Delilah. The marriage ended in divorce in 1953. They had one child, Benjamin Goodrich, who was born on September 27, 1949. She married Pierre Galante, an executive editor for the French journal Paris Match. Her marriage to Galante prompted her relocation to Paris. The couple separated in 1962 but continued to live in the same house for another six years to raise their daughter together.
Olivia de Havilland Children
She was blessed with two children Gisèle Galante, Benjamin Goodrich.
Olivia de Havilland Career/Awards
Born on July 1, 1916, in Tokyo, Japan, actress She spent much of her youth in California. She moved there with her mother and younger sister, Joan, after her parents divorced. De Havilland caught her big break in 1933 with her stage role as Hermia in a Max Reinhardt production of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the famed Hollywood Bowl.
- Early films, 1935-1937
- Movie stardom, 1938-1940
- War years, 1941-1944
- Vindication and recognition, 1945-1952
- New life in Paris, 1953-1962
- Later films and television, 1963-1988
- Retirement and remembrance, 1989-present
- Academy Award for Best Actress
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Drama
- Volpi Cup for Best Actress
- National Board of Review Award for Best Actress
- Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture Made for Television
Olivia de Havilland Top 10 Films
- Gone With The Wind
- The Heiress
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Captain Blood
- The Snake Pit
- The Strawberry Blonde
- Hush…Hush, Sweet Charlotte
- They Died With Their Boots On
- The Proud Rebel
- The Charge of the Light Brigade