Jeff Coffin Biography
Jeff Coffin is a saxophonist, composer, and educator. As a member of Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, he has won the Grammy Awards 3 times, with whom he performed from 1997 until 2010.
In July 2008, Coffin began touring with Dave Matthews Band and joined the group in 2009 following the death of founding member LeRoi Moore. He is also the leader of his group Jeff Coffin & the Mu’tet.
Jeff Coffin has won Three-time Grammy Award-winning member of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones who has also played with the Soul Rebels Bass Band. He started touring with Dave Matthews Band in 2008 and joined the band officially the following year. He started playing alto saxophone when he was in fifth grade and graduated from the University of North Texas with a B.A. in Music Education.
He is one of the successful Saxophonist. coffin is ranked on the list of those famous people and is one of the Richest Saxophonist who was born in Massachusetts. He also has a position among the list of Most popular Saxophonist. Jeff Coffin is 1 of the famous people in our database at his age.
Jeff Coffin Education
Coffin graduated from Spaulding High School and attended the University of New Hampshire, where he attended the Summer Youth Music School. He then went on to study at the University of North Texas in 1990 and graduated with a degree in Music Education.
Jeff Coffin Age
Coffin was born on August 5, 1965.
Jeff Coffin Family
Jeff was born in Massachusetts and raised in Dexter, Maine. He began playing alto sax in fifth grade under the tutelage of Arthur Lagasse, the band director for the district. In the 1980s, he attended the Summer Youth Music School at the University of New Hampshire for 2 summers, which he credits for his love for mentoring young musicians.
Jeff Coffin Wife
Coffin likes to keep his personal life private hence information regarding his wife is under review and will be updated soon.
Jeff Coffin Children
Jeff coffin has kept his personal life private hence no information regarding his children has been revealed.
Jeff Coffin Height
Jeff Coffin height not available right now, We will update his height soon.
Jeff Coffin Salary
jeff salary currently under review will update soon.
Jeff Coffin Net Worth
Jeff Coffin net worth is estimated to be between $1 Million – $5 Million dollars. He has made such amount of wealth from his career as Saxophonist.
Jeff Coffin Awards And Honors
- Best Contemporary Jazz Album, Outbound (2001)
- Best Contemporary Jazz Album, The Hidden Land (2007)
- Best Pop Instrumental Album, Jingle All the Way (2009)
Jeff Coffin Instruments
Jeff plays the saxophone
Jeff Coffin Vanderbilt
He is currently on the faculty of the Blair School of Music at Vanderbilt University.
Jeff Coffin Jazz Kitchen
2019 was welcomed with style with some great original music at The Indianapolis Jazz Kitchen. (January 5th, 2019). Joins were; saxophonist Jeff Coffin (Dave Matthews Band/Bela Fleck & the Flecktones), drummer Keith Carlock (Steely Dan/John Mayer), guitarist Nir Felder (Esperanza Spalding/Terri Lynn Carrington), & bassist Viktor Krauss (Bill Frisell/Lyle Lovett).
Jeff Coffin Career
In 1997, he became a member of Béla Fleck and therefore the Flecktones. Due to intensive itinerant needs, he left the Flecktones in 2008. During the constant year, he joined the Dave Matthews Band for his or her summer tour when saxist LeRoi Moore was hurt in AN all-terrain vehicle accident. Although he had supposed to be within the band quickly, he became a permanent replacement once Moore died from his injuries. He continuing Moore’s work on the band’s album massive spirits & the GrooGrux King.
Since the late Nineties Coffin has been recording and itinerant together with his band, The Mu’tet. He has discharged a number of the band’s albums on his label, Ear Up Records. Taking the name from the word ‘mutation’, the Mu’tet reflects Coffin’s philosophy that music should amendment and change so as to evolve. Coffin has conjointly worked with Jeff Babko, Vinnie Colaiuta, everybody Orchestra, R. Prasanna, Jonathan Scales, J. D. Souther, and Boyd Tinsley.
Jeff Coffin Clinic
Coffin has given over 300 music clinics at schools, universities, and different colleges each across the country and internationally.
Jeff Coffin Discography
As leader or co-leader
- Outside the Lines (Artifex, 1997)
- Commonality (Compass, 1999)
- Go-Round (Compass, 2001)
- Bloom (Compass, 2005)
- Arc of the Circle (2006) with Charlie Peacock
- Mutopia (Compass, 2008)
- Duet (Compass, 2011) with Jeff Sipe
- Live! (Ear Up, 2011)
- Side Up (Ear Up, 2014)
- Inside of the Outside (2015)
- Sometimes Springtime (2016)
- Next Time Yellow (2017)
With Béla Fleck and the Flecktones
- Left of Cool (1998)
- Greatest Hits of the 20th Century (1999)
- Outbound (2000)
- Live at the Quick (2002)
- Little Worlds (2003)
- The Hidden Land (2006)
- Jingle All the Way (2008)
With Dave Matthews Band
- The Best of What’s Around Vol. 1 (Encore CD) (2006)
- Live at Mile High Music Festival (2008)
- Live Trax 2008 (2008)
- Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King (2009)
- Live Trax Vol. 15 (2009)
- Europe 2009 (2009)
- Live Trax Vol. 19 (2010)
- Live in New York City (2010)
- Live at Wrigley Field (2011)
- Away from the World (2012)
- Come Tomorrow (2018)
With Jeff Babko & Vinnie Colaiuta
- Mondo Trio (2007)
With Jon Foreman
- Fall (2007)
- Winter (2008)
- The Wonderlands: Darkness (2015)
- The Wonderlands: Dawn (2015)
With Umphrey’s McGee
- Mantis (2009)
- Death by Stereo (2011)
- Be the Change, R. Prasanna (2004)
- Plot/Scheme, Jonathan Scales (2008)
- Chunked, The Triodes (2009)
- Harlem River Blues, Justin Townes Earle (2010)
- Character Farm and Other Short Stories, Jonathan Scales (2011)
- A Natural History, J. D. Souther (2011)
- Mountains of Sorrow, Rivers of Song, Amos Lee (2013)
- Melophobia, Cage the Elephant (2013)
- Tenderness, J. D. Souther (2015)
- Kind of New, Ingrid Jensen, Jason Miles (2015)
- Family Dinner Vol. 2, Snarky Puppy (2016)
- Sky Trails, David Crosby (2017)