Jason Calacanis Biography
Jason Calacanis is an American Internet entrepreneur, investor and blogger. He is popular for being part of his first company the dot-com era in New York. His second venture was in Weblogs Inc. The company was a publishing company that he co-founded together with Brian Alvey. It was majorly capitalized on the growth of blogs before being sold to AQI. Jason was also an angel investor in various technology startups.
From there, he also presents at industry conferences worldwide. Furthermore, Jason was born and raised in the Bay Bridge section of Brooklyn in New York City. He also has two brothers and graduated from Xaverian High School in 1988. Jason then furthered his studies at Fordham University where earned a B.A. in psychology.
Jason began his career as a blogger and then co-founded the blog network Weblogs Inc. On September 24, 2003. At that time the company was supported by an angel investment from Mark Cuban. After two years, the Weblogs company generated $1,000 a day just from AdSense. However, Time Warner’s America Online agreed to buy Weblogs Inc. in October 2005 for $ 25-30 million.
On November 16, TechCrunch reported that Calacanis had resigned from his position as CEO of Weblogs, Later on, it was confirmed by Jason on his blog and on the Gillmor Gang podcast. He also joined Sequoia Capital as an EIA in December 2006. He held the position until May 2007. From there, he also launched the web directory Mahalo from other investors that included Sequoia that hit a peak of 15 million and achieved profitability in 2011.
Jason Calacanis Age
He was born on November 28, 1970, in Brooklyn, New York in the USA. There is no current information about his family background or biological parents.
Jason Calacanis family
He has two brothers with whom he spent his childhood though, he has not revealed any other information about his family
Jason Calacanis Wife
Јаѕоn Саlасаnіѕ hаѕ bееn mаrrіеd fоr а lоng tіmе, but hе рrеfеrѕ tо mаіntаіn а lоw kеу реrѕоnаl lіfе, Не dоеѕ nоt dіѕсlоѕе muсh іnfоrmаtіоn аbоut hіѕ wіfе. Еvеn thоugh hіѕ wіfе рrеѕеntѕ іn ѕоmе оf hіѕ Іnѕtаgrаm рісturеѕ, but hе dоеѕ nоt rеvеаl hеr nаmе аnd іdеntіtу. Тhе соuрlе аlѕо hаѕ а dаughtеr, аnd thіѕ hарру fаmіlу rеѕіdеѕ іn Lоѕ Аngеlеѕ.
Jason Calacanis kids
There is no current information about his personal life, this information about his kids will be updated soon
Jason Calacanis Height
His height is 1.63 m tall, and his weight is 70kg.
Jason Calacanis Syndicate
This is the name in which Jason uses on his Official website. You can reach his website at https://angel.co/jason/syndicate. However, there are no current details since 2019 about Jason and his line of profession.
Jason Calacanis Investments
Jason has invested in many business startups like Uber, Angel among others. He has managed to earn more than $1 million dollars from each startup. He has also invested in many startups that are still under review.
Jason Calacanis Uber
Calacanis’ experience in computer technology enabled him to invest a huge share in Uber as a startup. Hosting a new website has become easier – 50% off the 1st year.Start getting more with Namecheap’s bundle: $15.44/yr hosting plan + free web builder, domain & 50 SSL.
Jason Calacanis Quotes
- You have to have a big vision and take very small steps to get there. You have to be humble as you execute but visionary and gigantic in terms of your aspiration. In the Internet industry, it’s not about grand innovation, it’s about a lot of little innovations: every day, every week, every month, making something a little bit better.
- Go work at the post office or Starbucks if you want balance in your life.
- Instant access to anything is the future. So if you need a tutor or a baby sitter or a massage or any service, it’s going to be instantly available, 24 hours a day, through your phone, with one click.
- The web and physical world is plagued with abundance – people need help sorting through all the good and bad stuff out there. The tyranny of choice is causing major psychic pain and frustration for people.
- I think you need to have a very strong angel community that is committed to mentoring up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
Jason Calacanis Net Worth
Jason calacanis estimated amount between $25 and $30 million.