Don Johnson Biography
Don Johnson is an American actor, producer, director, singer and songwriter. Don was born on December 15, 1949 in Flat Creek, Missouri, U.S. Don is a Golden Globe–winning actor, after playing the role of James ”Sonny” Crockett in the 1980s television series Miami Vice.
Don Johnson Age
Don was born on December 15, 1949 in Flat Creek, Missouri, U.S. He is 73 years old as of 2022. He celebrates his birthday on December 15 every year.
Don Johnson Education
He enrolled and graduated from Wichita South High School, where he was involved in the high school’s theater program. As a senior, he played the lead role of Tony in West Side Story. His biography noted that he had previously appeared in Burnt Cork & Melody and The Hullabaloo. After graduating from high school in 1967, he enrolled at the University of Kansas as a theater major, but dropped out after one year. He subsequently relocated to San Francisco, California, to attend the American Conservatory Theater
Don Johnson Height| Weight
Johnson stands on an average height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 70kgs
Don Johnson Family
Johnson is a son of Nell Wilson and Wayne Fred Johnson. Nell was a beautician while Fred was a farmer.
Don Johnson Wife
Johnson has had four wives in five marriages, three of which were brief. The names of Johnson’s first two wives have not been made public. In the early 1970s, Johnson lived with groupie Pamela Des Barres.
During the first half of 1972, he met Melanie Griffith, When Griffith was 15, she and Johnson began living together in a rented house in Laurel Canyon. On her 18th birthday they became engaged, and were married in January 1976; they filed for divorce that July. They reunited and conceived a daughter close to the start of 1989, Dakota Johnson (born October 4, 1989) and were married again from that year until 1996.
Johnson lived with actress Patti D’Arbanvillefrom 1981 to 1985. According to her description they separated. Johnson next had a relationship with Barbra Streisand, lasting into at least September 1988. On April 29, 1999, he married San Francisco socialite and Montessori nursery school teacher Kelley Phleger.
Don Johnson Children
- Johnson has a daughter with Melanie Griffith; Dakota Johnson
- Johnson has a son with actress Patti D’Arbanville; Jesse Wayne Johnson
- Johnson and Kelley Phleger have three children together: a daughter, Atherton Grace Johnson and two sons, Jasper Breckinridge Johnson and Deacon Johnson
Don Johnson Height
Johnson is approximately 1.8 m tall.
Don Johnson Career
In 1969, Johnson landed first major role was in Los Angeles stage production of Fortune and Men’s Eyes, in which he played the lead role of Smitty. The play included a “shockingly realistic prison rape” scene portrayed by Johnson. This exposure led to the quickly forgotten film The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart (1970). Johnson continued to work on stage, film and television without breaking into stardom. His notable films from this period were Zachariah (1971), The Harrad Experiment (1973) (a film in which Johnson displayed frontal nudity), Lollipop and Roses (1974) and A Boy and His Dog (1975). In 1976, Johnson was the roommate of actor Sal Mineo at the time Mineo was murdered.
Don Johnson Miami Vice
After years of struggling to launch his career as a TV actor, Johnson landed a starring role as undercover police detective Sonny Crockett in the Michael Mann/Universal Television cop series, Miami Vice in 1984. The Sonny Crockett character wore thousand-dollar Versace and Hugo Boss suits over pastel cotton T-shirts, drove a Ferrari, wore expensive timepieces by Rolex and Ebel, and lived on an Endeavour yacht. Miami Vice was noted for its revolutionary use of music, cinematography and imagery; and for its glitzy take on the police drama genre.
His role on Miami Vice earned him a Golden Globe Award, for Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series – Drama, in 1986. Johnson was nominated for the same award in 1987. He was also nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 1985.
Don Johnson Tv Show |Films |Movies
- 1970 The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart Stanley Sweetheart
- 1971 Zachariah Matthew
- 1973 The Harrad Experiment Stanley Cole
- 1974 Lollipops, Roses and Talangka Franky
- 1975 A Boy and His Dog Vic
- 1975 Return to Macon County Harley McKay
- 1981 Swan Lake Benno (voice) English version
- 1981 Soggy Bottom, U.S.A. Jacob Gorch
- 1982 Melanie Carl
- 1982 Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp Wazir’s Son (voice) English version
- 1985 Cease Fire Tim Murphy
- 1987 G.I. Joe: The Movie Lieutenant Vincent R. Falcone / Lieutenant Falcon (voice) Direct-to-video
- 1988 Sweet Hearts Dance Wiley Boon
- 1989 Dead Bang Jerry Beck
- 1990 The Hot Spot Harry Madox
- 1991 Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man Robert Lee Edison / The Marlboro Man
- 1991 Paradise Ben Reed
- 1993 Born Yesterday Paul Verrall
- 1993 Guilty as Sin David Edgar Greenhill
- 1996 Tin Cup David Simms
- 1998 Goodbye Lover Ben Dunmore
- 2007 Moondance Alexander Dante Longpre
- 2007 Bastardi Sante Patene
- 2008 Long Flat Balls II Admiral Burnett
- 2008 Torno a vivere da solo Nico Johnson’s voice is dubbed by Roberto Pedicini
- 2010 When in Rome Mr. Martin Uncredited
- 2010 Machete Von Jackson
- 2011 Four Loko Vineyards Mr. Four Loko Short film
- 2011 A Good Old Fashioned Orgy Jerry Keppler Uncredited
- 2011 Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star Miles Deep
- 2012 Django Unchained Spencer ‘Big Daddy’ Bennett
- 2014 Cold in July Jim Bob Luke
- 2014 The Other Woman Frank Whitten
- 2015 Alex of Venice Roger
- 2017 Vengeance: A Love Story Jay Kirkpatrick
- 2017 Brawl in Cell Block 99 Warden Tuggs
- 2018 Book Club Arthur
- 2018 Dragged Across Concrete Lieutenant G. Calvert
- 2019 Vault Gerard ‘Gerry The Frenchman’ Ouimette Also executive producer
- 2019 Knives Out Richard Drysdale
- TBA Shriver T. Wasserman Post-production
- TBA Rebel Ridge Filming
- TBA High Heat Ray
- TBA Unit 234 Also executive produce