Angela Ganote Biography
Angela Ganote is an American journalist who grew up in Brownsburg, worked at WLFI in Lafayette, WSBT in South Bend, and WCMH in Columbus, Ohio. Ganote graduated from Indiana University and had no idea she would go into TV until a chance meeting with fellow news anchor, Anne Marie Tiernon.
Angela Ganote Age
Ganote was born on 7, 1970, in Brownsburg, in Hendrick County, United States. She is 51 years old as of 2021.
Angela Ganot Family
Ganote is the daughter of Donna Ervin and Paul Ganote, She was raised in Brownsburg, a town in Hendrick county of Indiana.
Angela Ganote Husband
Ganote is married to Bradd DeBello Ganote on 21st September 2002. Bradd is originally from Pennsylvania.
Angela Ganote Children
The pair has two children- daughter Ashlyn Ganote and son Brock Ganote.
Angela Ganote Education
Angela attended Hamilton Southeastern High School where she was able to develop her interest in meteorology, the atmosphere, natural phenomena, and geography. She graduated high school in 1990 after being an excellent student.
She decided to then attend Indiana State University with a major in business. After a short time, she changed her major to apparel merchandising but did not like that either.
Her parents then encouraged her to talk to Chuck Lofton, a local weatherman. He was able to advise her correctly and she changed her university to Purdue University and her major to Atmospheric Sciences and graduated in 1996.
While in college, Angela worked at the National Weather Service in Indianapolis. After that, her first TV assignment was at WLFI-TV 18 in West Lafayette, Indiana. From there, she spent four years forecasting the weather in Sacramento, California.
She returned to central Indiana in 2001 to work at WISH-TV and then moved on to WTHR13 in 2012 where she works to date. Her forecasting has earned her five Emmy awards.
Angela Ganote Facts
- Angela is a travel softball coach in addition to being a NEWS anchor.
- Despite having experience in being a cheerleader, basketball and soccer coach in the past, Angela decided to make a career in the News business.
- Like the majority of Americans, she loves football and is a huge Colts and Cowboys fan.
- Let’s hope she never gets into a fight with her husband on this choice of life because he is a huge Dallas fan.
- They say that age is just a number and Angela decided to celebrate her number 40 at two football games.
- According to Angela her worst moment and according to people who have a crush on her, their best moment was when her skirt was lifted due to a leaf blower.
- In an interview, Angela says that her biggest fear is not getting her kids through college. She goes on to talk about how being a woman in her business comes with a shelf life and that she wants to make sure that she keeps working so that her kids can get the education they need.
- After 11 years of working at WISH-TV, she finally had the chance to work with Chuck Lofton who she owes her decision to change majors too.
- Angela works out four days a week and her favorite way to stay in shape is a ballet barre class.
- Besides her work and family, Angela’s interests include travel, water skiing, fashion, and shopping.
- How tall is Angela Buchman Height: 5’ 5”
Angela Ganote Dementia
Caring for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s consumes many people’s lives. It’s a very emotional and stressful time that can leave you overwhelmed. This Saturday you can get your questions answered at a caregivers’ workshop.
Melanie Perry with American Senior Community Memory Care Support Services and Kala Nicole Hall with the Department of Neurology at Indiana University joined FOX59 Morning News to discuss the upcoming workshop and other important information.
Angela Ganote Swim Summer
Many locals pools open this month–May 25 for several Indianapolis city pools! May is also National Drowning Prevention Month, which means it’s the perfect time to make sure the children in your life know how to swim.
Lindsay Thayer, owner of Aqua-Tots North and a certified master water safety instructor, and Kathleen Broad, the grandmother of two swim students, joined FOX59 Morning News to answer questions about swimming lessons.
Aqua-Tots’ mission is to help prevent drownings by working with the community to provide a standard of excellence in teaching children and adults water safety.
One Child (call for sibling discounts)
1 lesson/week $88 per month
2 lessons/week $156 per month
3 lessons/week $224 per month
Private & semi-private classes are also available
If you would like more information on how to sign up for swim instruction, check out the following link; https://www.aqua-tots.com/locations/usa/indiana/north-indianapolis/
Angela Ganote WGU
Soaring college costs are a hot topic. A touchy topic! From presidential candidates talking free college to others promoting no college at all as trade schools gain in popularity. There are a lot of options to further your education available and one right here in Indiana you might not know that much about.
WGU Indiana is a non-profit university that has seen a dramatic increase in enrollment. Chancellor, Alison Bell, is here to answer questions to see if it is a fit for you or someone you know. What is WGU? How is it affiliated with Western Governors University and our Governor Eric Holcomb?
If you are graduating from high school and traditional college is more your thing. The department of education just released their top ways of bringing down college cost.